There’s never a better time for crafts than the Christmas season! Jump into the festivities below!
festive Holiday crafts for kids
I think you’ll agree that as much fun as Christmas can be, it comes with a to-do list as long as your arm. Christmas crafts are a great way to create holiday spirit and also keep little hands busy while you tackle other things. Whether you are looking for Christmas crafts to do together or looking to keep your kids busy while you wrap, bake, or maybe just have a hot chocolate and binge on Hallmark movies, we have you covered with the list of craft ideas below!
Don’t have a lot of time? Jump ahead to:
Please note: this post contains affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for full details.
PIN for when you want to get that creativity flowing:
Christmas Craft Decorations
What would make your kids happier than a home that shows off their creations at the most magical time of year? (Aside from all of the other family traditions and Christmas gifts that is😉 ) Check out these Christmas decoration crafts to help your kids fill your home with Christmas cheer!
(1) Paper Christmas Tree Luminary: This is our favourite of all the snowflake crafts out there! Looks complicated? No way! If you know how to make a paper snowflake, you will love making these easy paper luminaries too!
(2) Pom Pom Tree: Get out your pom poms! This pom pom tree is adorable, fun and budget-friendly! Create a simple tabletop Christmas tree you’ll love for many holidays to come!
(3) Giant Gingerbread Man: Who doesn’t love gingerbread men!? There is nothing kids love more than decorating life size crafts! Even the youngest artists can help with this Giant Gingerbread Man Christmas Craft!
(4) Popsicle Stick Christmas Fireplace: Learn how to make this Popsicle Stick Christmas Fireplace Craft for Kids. A fun craft complete with Santa feet sticking out of the chimney!
(5) Salt Dough Christmas Magnets: Learn how to make magnetic salt dough Christmas decorations for the fridge door. Toddlers and preschoolers will love decorating this tree again and again while the real tree gets left alone.
(6) Pipe Cleaner Christmas Trees: This easy and fun kid-friendly pipe cleaner Christmas trees craft is an easy and fun project to make together this holiday season! Get out the pipe cleaners and let the little ones work on their fine motor skills while making these sweet little trees!
(7) Popsicle Christmas Tree: Have some extra popsicle sticks on hand? Use them to create these adorable Christmas trees!
(8) Christmas Paper Plate Wreath: This Christmas paper plate wreath is such an easy and low prep craft. It’s a great way to get in the Christmas spirit!
(9) Cereal Box Christmas Trees: Grab some empty boxes, pretty paper and glitter paint to make a pair of decorative Christmas trees.
(10) Snow Globes: Making your own snow globes is a lot easier than you think. The best part is you can find everything you need at your local dollar store.
(11) Paper Elves: We love paper puppets. These paper elves are super fun to make. You can even customize them with a photo of your child. Easy to make with free printables and super cute!
(12) Christmas Wish List: This adorable Christmas Wish List craft is super easy to make. A great way to start those holiday wish lists!
(13) Vintage Painted Rocks: Get out that acrylic paint! Add some nostalgia to your holiday decor with these vintage-inspired DIY Christmas ornament painted rocks.
(14) Mini Christmas Tree: Want a simple yet beautiful decoration? Make this Christmas tree with ribbon!
(15) 3D Gingerbread Trees: 3-D gingerbread trees are part craft, part holiday treat! Let your kids go crazy decorating these charming trees.
(16) Tissue Paper Wreath: This Christmas tissue paper craft enables kids to make their own Christmas wreath.
(17) Poinsettia Canvas: This easy Christmas craft for kids will be a cute addition to your holiday decor! Families can make this poinsettia canvas together.
(18) Clay Pot Reindeer: Rudolph is delivering tiny clay pots full of goodies! See how easy it is to make a whole bunch of Clay Pot Reindeer.
(19) Mason Jar Snow Globes: Kids will love this making this Christmas Mason Jar Snow Globe with twinkling lights and falling snow! One of our favorite Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids!
(20) Hershey Kisses Christmas Trees: These Hershey’s Kisses Christmas trees are such a fun craft project you can make with your kids. Inexpensive and fun, kids will love stealing some candy to eat while making them! This is also a great idea for older children looking to gift their friends some treats!
Christmas craft Tree Decorations
If you are looking to create a Christmas tree full of decorations made by your littles or help them to create sweet little gifts for the people in their lives, you can’t go wrong with these Christmas craft ornaments!
(1) Simple Snowman Decoration: Snowman crafts are the best of winter crafts. Here’s an easy craft simple enough for kids of all ages to make and adorable enough to proudly display among your other Christmas decorations! Check out this sweet snowman decoration!
(2) Reindeer Ornament: This easy reindeer ornament is fun for kids to make and as a bonus the supplies are simple and inexpensive!
(3) Salt Dough Christmas Tree Decorations: These salt dough Christmas tree decoration! can be made with the kids, then re-used every year on your tree
(4) Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments: All you need is 2 ingredients to make these super simple and easy Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments! A great DIY holiday craft or fun Christmas gift for both kids and adults to make and customize!
(5) Popsicle Stick Mickey Gingerbread House: Craft up some Disney Christmas fun this holiday season with these popsicle stick Mickey gingerbread house ornaments!
(6) Reindeer Ornament: Isn’t this the cutest of reindeer crafts?! Learn how to create this adorable reindeer ornament for your Christmas tree!
(7) Santa’s Workshop Ornament: This Santa’s workshop ornament is easy for kids to make and looks adorable hanging in the Christmas tree.
(8) Handprint Ornament: Easy to make & impossible not to cherish, a handprint ornament craft that will be a beloved item on your Christmas tree every year!
(9) DIY Melted Crayon Ornaments: A fun Melted Crayon Art for kids & adults alike! Inexpensive, Colorful, & a great way to reuse crayons!
(10) DIY Nativity Ornament: How to make a simple DIY nativity ornament for your Christmas tree with popsicle sticks or cinnamon sticks, peanuts, felt & glue…
(11) Salt Dough Ornaments:Whitened salt dough is a fun take on a classic! Kids will love creating their own ornaments with this simple tutorial.
(12) Popsicle Stick Reindeer Ornaments: These DIY popsicle stick reindeer ornaments are so easy to make and the perfect craft for your Christmas tree this holiday season.
(13) Pompom Ornaments: The most adorable Christmas ornament and such a great idea! These little pompom ornaments are fun, festive, and easy to make.
(14) Rudolph Wood Slice Ornament: Looking for a cute DIY Christmas ornament or DIY gift idea that they will love this holiday season? You gotta make this Rudolph wood slice ornament!
(15) Wood Slice Snowman Ornament: These rustic wood slice snowman ornaments are adorable kid-made decorations or Christmas gifts!
(16) Pomander: The pomander has it’s origins back to the Middle Ages. Today, the Pomander is more associated with Colonial times, however, research varies if they were made mostly with apples or oranges. Nonetheless, a Pomander is a fragrant and festive decoration you can display at home, or give as a Christmas or holiday gift.
(17) Christmas Tree Yarn Ornaments: We love all things yarn and these are a great craft idea for older kids! Check out these sweet Yarn Christmas Tree ornaments!
(18) Paper Straw Christmas Ornaments: These paper straw Christmas ornaments are easy enough for kids to make and will pretty up any tree! We’ll show you how to make three different ornaments: Christmas tree, candy cane, and angel!
(19) Felt Tree Ornaments: These felt tree ornaments are the sweetest! Check out this easy and fun sewing pattern!
RELATED POST: Free Elf On The Shelf Printable!
Christmas craft Keepsakes
Crafts happen pretty regularly when there are kids around, but Christmas crafts that turn into keepsakes you can cherish forever?! It doesn’t get any better than that!f
(1) Handprint Snowflakes: These handprint snowflakes are such a simple Christmas craft but the finishes results are so cute!
(2) Handprint Art: Handprint art is easy, & such a fun, special way to immortalize those precious handprints! Here are handprint canvas ideas for Christmas (+ every other season, too)!
(3) Handprint Ornament Craft: Easy to make & impossible not to cherish, a handprint ornament craft will be a beloved item on your Christmas tree every year!
(4) Photo Gingerbread Man: Turn your little one into a cute gingerbread man with this photo gingerbread man paper craft. This a perfect Christmas craft for younger children.
(5) Thumbprint Ornament: Not only are these a beautiful keepsake but they are absolutely adorable! Check out these easy to follow instructions to make your own thumbprint ornament!
(6) Christmas Tree Picture Frame: This Christmas Tree Picture Frame is an easy kid-made holiday keepsake craft!
There is nothing quite so precious as a hand made Christmas card! These make the sweetest holiday greetings for family, friends, teachers, and neighbors alike.
(1) Pop Up Christmas Trees: A fun card making technique that is easy for kids to learn. Make these adorable Pop Up Christmas Trees and then create your own designs!
(2) Christmas Tree Card: One more, as these are so popular – concertina Christmas Tree Card. Another “Magical” way to make pop up cards!
(3) Reindeer Pop-Up Card: Pop-Ups and buttons?! These Reindeer Pop-Up cards are the absolute cutest! Another great and easy pop up card technique by Red Ted Art!
(4) Ugly Sweater Christmas Card: It may be called an “ugly sweater” but this Ugly Sweater Christmas Card is one of the CUTEST kid-made Christmas card ideas ever! And it’s super easy to make!
(5) Christmas Present Pop-Up Card: This is the sweetest Christmas Present Pop-Up Card. Easy to make and comes with a free printable template!
(6) Christmas Stocking Pop-Up Card: Guaranteed to spread Christmas cheer!! This Christmas Stocking Pop-Up Card is such a cute kid-made keepsake gift to make in the classroom or at home!